Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Two Weeks to Go




Boy reality is really starting to set in. I have two weeks and counting before the big day. I went for my pre-op testing last Wednesday, passed with flying colors. My lovely wife Beth and I hit the beach for the Labor Day weekend and had a great time, we even got to take "Otis" our yellow lab with us. (That's one of his surf brothers above) Damn, I am going to miss the summer! I love the warm air and warm water and just sitting on the beach with my gang. Going for dinner at Tomatos and watching Beth wrangle seats at the bar (she is the best) It's all over until next May. Unfortunately, NO WAVES last weekend, we had the stinkin' North-East wind at about 10 to 20kts. This makes swell but chops it out like Victory at Sea. I am hoping to get one more good session in before the 23rd cause it's going to be a long, cold winter. I have been training to get myself physically and mentally ready for my adventure. I guess what scares me more than anything is infection. Speaking with my fellow bionic surfers Surfsister and Tango, those guys had no problem. I think once I get to the other side I would like to get out to Cali and get together with them for a bionic surf session. Man, that kinda sounds like an idea for a reality TV show. If not that at least a cool surf movie "The Bionic Summer" A camera crew goes around the world in search of the perfect bionic surfer. Looks like I'm going to have to get my agent to get a meeting with Dana Brown, Stacy Perallta or any other film maker who wants to shoot a beat up old surfer trying to squat down far enough to get in the barrel. Unless anything crazy happens I will up date next week.
Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be nervous. The surgery is the easy part. Believe me. It's the recovery that sucks ass (not a term I would normally use but it fits). You will come through this so well! And you're having MIS too? It won't be long before you're back on a surfboard! Write me before the big day: surfsister@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete