Monday, September 21, 2009

Off to the Races


Well two days to go! I must say, I am psyched because I did get to go surfing one last time before my surgery. It looks like it will be about 8 months until I get back in the water. I would probably hit it sooner but I think winter surfing is not going to happen this year. Next time my feet hit the board will be the 21st "Big Fish Surf Tour 2010" Anyway, my good friends Big Wave Dave, Marco, and I hit Longport N.J. Friday morning before work. It was fun, waist to chest high surf. Come Wednesday I be hitting the hospital before work, around 6:30 AM. The surgery takes about 1 hour and then the long road to rehab begins. My Doc thinks I will be inpataint two to three days. From what I understand they get you up and walking on the day of surgery. I really can't wait to get this done and as my bionic friends Surfsister and Tom say "Get to the Otherside." I do want to thank all of you who have supported me and for all your kind words. I will continue writting beginning next Monday.
><((((">

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Andrew!! You're almost there. When it's all said and done, we can compare knee scars to see who's looks better. Since I"m the female of the bunch, of course you men must think about how crushed I'll be if there's even one suggestion that my scar makes me look fat!! LOL!

    Yeah. It's time. The pain of osteoarthritis is too much. Bionic is the only way to go.

    Write to me if you need a pep talk before (or after) surgery: surfsister@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Do I need a pep talk. Feeling old! I will write you tomorrow. Right now I have to take my dog to my sister's house and hang with my wife. Thanks Surfsister! You know you call sign sounds like a super hero!

    ReplyDelete